1.Think about your needs
• Work out the over-riding reason for your move as this will drive your search
• If you are requiring a mortgage consult an Independent Financial Advisor. We can assist by putting you in touch with one we recommend.
• Consider your specific needs: eg Number of bedrooms, outside space, parking etc.
• Location – the all important factor – decided by budget and wish list.
• Choose a conveyancing lawyer. We can assist by putting you in touch with one we recommend
• If you are planning to sell your current property obtain marketing advice from us
2. How to find a new home
• Check the online portals: Rightmove, Property Live, Mouseprice and our website www.jiestates.co.uk
• Register your interest on line through this website
• Alternatively visit our office, and ask to be put on our e-mailing database
3 Viewing a property
• Test the property against your requirements.
• Consider all aspects including interior, exterior,nearby properties and the local area.
• Picture how you would utilise the space, where your furniture would go and whether you woud need to decorate
• Check roof, windows, guttters and walls. Your survey will provide more detail but check to see if there is anything
4. Making an offer
• Don't be afraid to talk to us.
Although we act for the seller we can make sure your offer is presented to the seller in the best possible way
• Consider factors affecting value and the sellers desire to move alongside your own strengths.
Also think about the current market conditions.
• If your offer is accepted, speak to your solicitor, advise us their name contact details
• Speak to your mortgage broker or lender to arrange your application for funds