Energy Performance CertificatesNew Search
Energy Performance Certificates – what they are..
Energy Performance Certificates (EPCs) give information on how to make your home more energy efficient and reduce carbon dioxide emissions.
All homes bought, sold or rented require an EPC, however there are exemptions for Grade II listed properties and properties of a derelict nature.
EPC's – what they tell you
- information on your home's energy use and carbon dioxide emissions
- a recommendation report with suggestions to reduce energy use and carbon dioxide emissions
Energy use and carbon dioxide emissions..
EPCs carry ratings that compare the current energy efficiency and carbon dioxide emissions with potential figures that your home could achieve. Potential figures are calculated by estimating what the energy efficiency and carbon dioxide emissions would be if energy saving measures were put in place.
The rating measures the energy and carbon emission efficiency of your home using a grade from ‘A’ to ‘G’. An ‘A’ rating is the most efficient, while ‘G’ is the least efficient. The average efficiency grade to date is 'D'. All homes are measured using the same calculations, so you can compare the energy efficiency of different properties.
The recommendation report..
EPCs also provide a detailed recommendation report showing what you could do to help reduce the amount of energy you use and your carbon dioxide emissions. The report lists:
- suggested improvements, like fitting loft insulation
- possible cost savings per year, if the improvements are made
- how the recommendations would change the energy and carbon emission rating of the property
You don’t have to act on the recommendations in the recommendation report. However, if you decide to do so, it could make your property more attractive for sale or rent by making it more energy efficient.
The certificate also contains:
- detailed estimates of potential energy use, carbon dioxide emissions and fuel costs
- details of the person who carried out the EPC assessment
- who to contact if you want to make a complaint
JI can arrange an EPC for you as part of our Marketing Package or as a stand alone purchase we have a in house domestic energy assessor on hand to deal with this. Please enquire with the office.